- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- green onions for garnish if desired
Heat sesame oil and canola oil in a large skillet.
Add in chicken and saute until fully cooked and browned.
Add in garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes. (Add in more oil if needed)
In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon and rice wine vinegar.
Add sauce to the chicken and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water.
Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and stir frequently until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
If the sauce needs to thicken more add more cornstarch.
Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.