Asian Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole green onion both green and white parts, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions for serving if desired
- sesame seeds for serving if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, green onions, egg, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix with your hands until combined.
Grease a baking sheet with oil. Portion out 12 meatballs. (Working with slightly wet hands helps)
Place meatballs on the oiled baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
Take out of the oven and toss with the Asian sauce.
Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until meatballs are done cooking.
Note: If you are freezing the meatballs do not toss with sauce until ready to serve.