Spicy Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
Spicy Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese. A fun twist on the original made in less than 15 minutes!
- 2 cups Cavatappi pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
Boil pasta until al-dente.
Meanwhile add butter to a small saucepan. Heat until melted.
Stir in flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
Add milk and simmer whisking constantly for another 3-4 minutes until thick.
Take off of the heat and whisk in cheese until fully melted.
Stir in tomatoes, jalapeno, Tabasco, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Pour cheese sauce over the cooked noodles and toss to combine.
Serve with a sprinkle of parsley for garnish.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!