Spicy Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups Cavatappi pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
Boil pasta until al-dente.
Meanwhile add butter to a small saucepan. Heat until melted.
Stir in flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
Add milk and simmer whisking constantly for another 3-4 minutes until thick.
Take off of the heat and whisk in cheese until fully melted.
Stir in tomatoes, jalapeno, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour cheese sauce over the cooked noodles and toss to combine.
Serve with a sprinkle of parsley for garnish and serve immediately!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!