Korean BBQ Tacos with pineapple salsa
Spicy Korean BBQ Beef Tacos topped with a sweet and spicy pineapple salsa.
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 2 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- pinch of pepper
- 6 ounces flank steak sliced thin on an angle
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 cup fresh pineapple peeled, cored and cut into medium dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper medium dice
- 1/8 cup italian green pepper medium dice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon serrano pepper
To make the marinade for the beef combine garlic, red pepper, soy sauce, worcestershire, brown sugar, oil, sriracha, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add in flank steak and toss. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. To cook the steak heat a hot grill over medium-high heat. Drizzle olive oil or cooking spray on your grill or griddle pan. Add the steak and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side. Meanwhile heat the tortillas on the grill. When your steak is done place a couple pieces in each tortilla along with the pineapple salsa. Serve with extra lime wedges and sriracha.
To make the salsa simply combine the pineapple, both peppers, cilantro, lime juice and serrano pepper. Mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!