Healthy Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
A quick and healthy side dish that can be made in less than 45 minutes!
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 4 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 1 tsp of fresh garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Add rice, water or chicken broth and lime zest to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed and the rice is tender.
Take off of the heat and stir in the lime juice, cilantro and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.