Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad
A perfect summer side dish. Loaded with grilled vegetables, whole wheat baguette, and tossed in a lemon herb vinaigrette.
- 1 crusty baguette cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms left whole
- 1/2 of a red pepper quartered
- 1/2 of a yellow pepper quartered
- 1/2 large red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- 1 ounce red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
To begin, toss your vegetables in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray. Place veggies on the grill. The vegetables will take about 7-10 minutes to cook. The bell peppers will take the longest. Flip the vegetables half way through.
Cut the grilled veggies into bite size pieces.
To make the vinaigrette whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and oregano.
In a large bowl combine the grilled vegetables and baguette. Drizzle with the lemon-herb vinaigrette and toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and garnish with extra parsley, if desired.
If your baguette is not crusty enough or you did not use day old bread place bread on a baking sheet under a broiler on high and let cook for about 2-4 minutes. Keep a very close eye on it. Do not walk away.