Chicken Chow Mein
Chicken Chow Mein. Stir fried noodles, vegetables and chicken cooked in a rich savory sauce. Everything is cooked in one skillet and is ready in 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces chow mein noodles
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 cups green cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- 4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients, set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add in chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the same skillet. Add cabbage and carrots and saute until golden brown and wilted, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
Add in cooked noodles and sauce tossing to coat the noodles.
Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds on top, if desired.