Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed Pepper Soup loaded with spicy sausage, bell peppers and rice! Everything you love about a stuffed pepper but in soup form!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 pound sausage I used a spicy sausage but you can use mild if you do not like the heat
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- shredded cheese for serving if desired
In a large pot or cast iron pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
Add in sausage and brown.
Drain sausage and set aside.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pot.
Add in the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add in garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
Pour in beef broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Add the sausage back to soup.
Simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Stir in rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with parsley and a sprinkle of cheese on top of each bowl.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!