Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder you can substitute chilies in adobo sauce as well. Add to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- tortilla chips
Heat a large skillet with olive oil.
Add in ground beef and onion. Cook until meat is browned and no longer pink. Drain excess grease.
Add the ground beef and onion mixture to a slow cooker.
Add in the rest of the ingredients except the beans.
Cook the chili on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. 30 minutes before serving add in the beans.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!