Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
Super Tender Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs. Loaded with Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and garlic. They melt in your mouth and are incredibly tender. Simmered low and slow for 4 hours!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 24 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil for serving if desired
- parmesan cheese for serving if desired
Add beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined.
Form into 1 or 2 inch meatballs. I made 24 meatballs.
Lightly grease a baking sheet. Broil meatballs on high until browned on each side. About 4-5 minutes on each side.
Add meatballs to slow cooker.
Top with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with basil or parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!