Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken cooked low and slow for 4 hours with green chilies, salsa, and Mexican spices. Perfect for burritos, salads and tacos!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-2 chipotle peppers depending on how spicy you would like it
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for serving if desired
Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the salt, pepper and cilantro. Stir to combine.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. (You can shred the chicken in the slow cooker or take it out and shred on a cutting board and add it back to the slow cooker)
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with cilantro if desired.