Chicken Lo Mein
Chicken Lo Mein. Ready in under 30 minutes and tastes way better and is healthier that takeout!
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles I used wide lo mein noodles, you can also substitute spaghetti noodles
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed vegetables I used a mix of broccoli, carrots and baby corn
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar, set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken (I had to cook it in two batches) and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the wok then add the mixed vegetables, bell pepper and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute,
Add the sauce to the pan along with the cooked chicken and cooked noodles.
Toss everything together and serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.