Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Super Easy Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. So much better and healthier than takeout!
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- green onions for garnish if desired
- orange slices for garnish if desired
Add chicken, cornstarch, salt and pepper to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok.
Saute chicken until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes on each side. (Note the chicken will not be fully cooked and that is ok)
Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
Add the remaining tablespoon to the same skillet and sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger to the slow cooker.
In a large measuring cup mix together all of the sauce ingredients and add to the slow cooker and stir to coat the chicken.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours. (Mine took 2 hours exactly)
Serve with green onions and sesame seeds for serving, if desired.