Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage and Kale Soup
Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage and Kale Soup. A super easy and delicious meal that takes only 10 minutes of prep time.
- 2 links of sausage mild or spicy (still frozen makes it easier to cut)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans, fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini no need to thaw
- 2 cups kale roughly chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- parmesan cheese for serving if desired
Add sausage, garlic, onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and crushed red pepper flakes to a slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in the frozen tortellini and kale.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and add in more crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Serve immediately with parmesan cheese for serving.