Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage and Kale Soup. A super easy and delicious meal that takes only 10 minutes of prep time.
I love eating soup in the colder months. This Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage and Kale Soup is one of my favorites! Spicy Italian Sausage, cheesy tortellini and kale simmered in an Italian based broth. It’s hearty, filling and perfect for those cold winter days.
I cook the soup on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. I like to let this soup cook low and slow to allow the flavors to develop.
For the base of the soup I used fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes, chicken broth, diced onions and fresh garlic. For an extra kick I added in some crushed red peppers flakes. I also like using hot Italian sausage instead of sweet for some added heat.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is super easy to make. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the tortellini and kale. I like to add them in 30 minutes before serving so they don’t get mushy. Serve this soup with some crusty bread and a nice salad and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage and Kale Soup
- 2 links of sausage mild or spicy (still frozen makes it easier to cut)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans, fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini no need to thaw
- 2 cups kale roughly chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Add sausage, garlic, onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and crushed red pepper flakes to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in the frozen tortellini and kale.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add in more crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese for serving.