Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts tossed with lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. A quick and easy side dish that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
These Roasted Brussel Sprouts make the perfect side dish. They take only 30 minutes to make and come out caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside. The crispy pieces are the best! Brussels sprouts have a wonderfully nutty flavor which make them perfect for roasting. I like to cook my Brussels sprouts until tender but not mushy. This is a dish that even Brussels Sprout haters will love. Best of all you only need 6 ingredients to make these Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
These Brussels Sprouts would make an excellent side dish for your Thanksgiving meal or any time of the year! Here is what you’ll need to make them:
- Brussels Sprouts: They are super easy to prep simply cut the ends of the brussels sprouts and slice in half lengthwise.
- Garlic: I love using fresh garlic in this recipe! It gets crispy and caramelized from roasting in the oven. I like to slice the garlic in thin strips.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Any type of olive oil will work for roasting. Just make sure all the brussels sprouts are covered with a nice drizzle of olive oil. This ensures they will get golden brown and crisp.
- Lemon juice: Fresh squeezed lemon juice is best in this recipe. It adds acidity and a nice burst of lemon flavor!
- Grated Parmesan cheese: I love using good quality parmesan cheese. You can also substitute cheddar or gruyere cheese. If you are vegan omit the parmesan cheese and substitute nutritional yeast!
- Red pepper flakes: Are added for a little kick. If you don’t like too much spice omit the red pepper flakes.
How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
Roasting is the only way I like to prepare Brussels Sprouts. They turn out perfectly tender and carmazlied on the outside. They have so much flavor! To make these Roast Brussel Sprouts simply preheat your oven to 375 degrees toss the halved Brussels sprouts with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for a little kick. Done!
- For a crunch add some pine nuts or walnuts
- Bacon would be amazing in this. While the brussels sprouts are cooking bake a couple slices of bacon. Crumble and serve on top!
- Thinly sliced shallots would be delicious roasted with the brussels sprouts.
- I love to serve these with Balsamic vinegar drizzled on top.
- Fresh thyme or rosemary would go perfectly with the roasted veggies.
What to serve with these Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Easy Thai Grilled Chicken
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- Mushroom Shallot Garlic Quinoa
- Three Cheese Mac and Cheese
Here are more easy side dish recipes to try!
- The BEST Baked Beans
- Easy Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- The BEST Cornbread
- Easy Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts End trimmed off and sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes for spice, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Layer Brussels Sprouts on a baking sheet with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. With your hands toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and cook until caramelized and tender 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and immediately sprinkle with lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Originally published Oct 2, 2014