20 Minute Honey Garlic Salmon. Pan fried and served with a sweet and sticky honey lemon glaze.
I’ve got the perfect dinner idea for a busy weeknight: Honey Garlic Salmon. It’s super easy, only takes 20 minutes and requires only 5 ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry.
Searing the salmon in a hot pan keeps the salmon crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The high heat and quick cooking helps to seal in the moisture especially when you have the skin left on the salmon.
Now about the glaze. It is amazing! I mix honey and lemon juice together and add it to the pan with the salmon and garlic. It is sweet, sticky and tart. Everything you want a sauce to be.
To make this Honey Garlic Salmon simply add oil to a large skillet and pan fry the salmon skin side down for 5-7 minutes on each side. The salmon should start to turn opaque. Take off of the heat. When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin.
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 4 salmon filets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot add in the salmon skin side down.
- Cook salmon for 5-7 minutes on skin side (depending on size).
- Very carefully flip salmon. If the skin is sticking to the pan give it more time to cook. It should release easily from the pan.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the sauce to the pan.
- Continue cooking for 1-3 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked and looks opaque and the sauce is thick.
- Take off of the heat. When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of chopped parsley for garnish, if desired.
NotesOriginal recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!