This Cucumber Avocado Salad recipe is simple, refreshing, and packed with tons of fresh flavor. Made with fresh veggies like cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, and avocado this is a great side dish for grilling season!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Avocado Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
There’s no recipe more quintessential for summertime and warm weather than this vibrant and refreshing Cucumber Avocado Salad. Packed with fresh veggies like avocado, juicy red tomatoes, red onion, and English cucumbers, then tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette, this is going to be your new favorite salad or side dish! Plus it’s whole 30 friendly!
My family and I make this salad on repeat in the Summer! We always have fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley in the garden which makes this an easy side dish to pretty much anything! It also make a great lunch too! I like to add in drained canned tuna fish for extra protein and even sometimes some chickpeas! The best thing about this salad is how versatile it is.
- Cucumber: We used garden cucumbers however English cucumbers would also work great. They are narrow and less watery than standard cucumbers which I prefer.
- Avocado: You’ll use two total, cubed. You want them to be perfectly ripe, so not too hard and not speckled with dark spots.
- Parsley: I prefer fresh and almost always have it on-hand in the summer, but you can use dried if you’re in a pinch.
- Lemon Juice and Olive Oil: Together, these comprise the light vinaigrette used to dress the veggies for this avocado salad recipe. You could swap white, red, or apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice and avocado oil for the olive oil, if preferred.
- Roma Tomatoes: I chose these because I love the texture and sweetness, but you can use any tomatoes you like. Cherry and grape would also work well.
- Red Onion: I like red onion for it’s tart and sweet bite that pairs so well with the avocado, cucumber, and tomato, but you could use white or sweet, if preferred. If you find the onion is too intense soak in water for 30 minutes to help take the bite out of the onion.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste, but be generous!
How To Make Cucumber Avocado Salad
To make this simple and refreshing Cucumber Avocado Salad, just add all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and toss to combine. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. That’s it!
- Change up some of the ingredients! Swap the Roma tomatoes for cherry or grape tomatoes and the red onion for white or sweet onion.
- Add some protein! Toss in some grilled shrimp or diced grilled chicken, or serve the avocado salad on top of each or some grilled salmon.
- Add some cheese! Mix in some mozzarella cheese balls, crumbled goat cheese, or crumbled feta for some bites or creamy goodness.
- Add more veggies! Sliced zucchini, squash, or eggplant would work well here, as would diced bell peppers, rinsed chickpeas, or hulled sweet corn.
- Make it spicy with some diced, seeded jalapeño or a pinch of dried cayenne pepper.
- Add some fruit! Diced mango or pineapple would be great here.
- Swap the herbs! Fresh dill, basil, oregano or rosemary would all be delicious in here. In the summer I basically add whatever herbs I have in the garden. The more herbs the better!
- Switch out the lemon juice for lime juice or use a combination of the two!
Storage and Make Ahead Instructions
- Store prepared or leftover Cucumber Avocado Salad in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days. The avocados may brown a bit, but the lemon juice should counteract most of the oxidation process. Best enjoyed fresh, as it will break down over time. Do not freeze.
- If you are making this avocado cucumber salad ahead of time simply combine the veggies and dressing and leave out the avocado until you are ready to serve.
what to serve with avocado cucumber salad
More Recipes To Try
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Mexican Pasta Salad
Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Add cucumber, avocados, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, tomatoes and red onions to a medium bowl.
- Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!