Easy Homemade Avocado Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
There’s no recipe more quintessential for summertime and warm weather than this vibrant and refreshing Cucumber Avocado Salad. Packed with fresh veggies like avocado, juicy red tomatoes, red onion, and English cucumbers, then tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette, this is going to be your new favorite salad or side dish!
- Cucumber: I prefer English cucumbers for this recipe because they’re more narrow and less watery than standard cucumbers, but you can also use seedless.
- Avocado: You’ll use two total, cubed. You want them to be perfectly ripe, so not too hard and not speckled with dark spots.
- Parsley: I prefer fresh and almost always have it on-hand in the summer, but you can use dried if you’re in a pinch.
- Lemon Juice and Olive Oil: Together, these comprise the light vinaigrette used to dress the veggies for this avocado salad recipe. You could swap white, red, or apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice and avocado oil for the olive oil, if preferred.
- Roma Tomatoes: I chose these because I love the texture and sweetness, but you can use any tomatoes you like. Cherry and grape would also work well.
- Red Onion: I like red onion for it’s tart and sweet bite that pairs so well with the avocado, cucumber, and tomato, but you could use white or sweet, if preferred. If you find the onion is too intense soak in water for 30 minutes to help take the bite out of the onion.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste, but be generous!
How To Make Cucumber Avocado Salad
To make this simple and refreshing Cucumber Avocado Salad, just add all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and toss to combine. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. That’s it!
- Change up some of the ingredients! Swap the Roma tomatoes for cherry or grape tomatoes and the red onion for white or sweet onion.
- Add some protein! Toss in some grilled shrimp or diced grilled chicken, or serve the avocado salad on top of each or some grilled salmon.
- Add some cheese! Mix in some mozzarella cheese balls, crumbled goat cheese, or crumbled feta for some bites or creamy goodness.
- Add more veggies! Sliced zucchini, squash, or eggplant would work well here, as would diced bell peppers, rinsed chickpeas, or hulled sweet corn.
- Make it spicy with some diced, seeded jalapeño or a pinch of dried cayenne pepper.
- Add some fruit! Diced mango or pineapple would be great here.
Store prepared or leftover Cucumber Avocado Salad in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days. The avocados may brown a bit, but the lemon juice should counteract most of the oxidation process. Best enjoyed fresh, as it will break down over time. Do not freeze.
More Recipes To Try
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Mediterranean Salsa
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad With Peanut Dressing
- 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Chopped Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad
- Mexican Pasta Salad
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Cucumber Avocado Salad
This Cucumber Avocado Salad recipe is simple, refreshing, and bright. Packed with fresh veggies like cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, and avocado, this is a great side dish for grilling season!
- 1 large english or seedless cucumber
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion, large dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add cucumber, avocados, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, tomatoes and red onions to a medium bowl.
- Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!