This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad recipe consists of delicious and simple ingredients like mixed greens, chicken breasts, crumbled bacon, fresh tomatoes, and blue cheese. Drizzled with a homemade ranch dressing, this is a perfect summertime meal!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The BEST Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
It’s time for another salad recipe! And I am super excited about this one. This salad is similar to a traditional Cobb salad, but with a summer spin to celebrate grill season. Grilled chicken gets added to this salad, along with crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes, and tangy blue cheese crumbles. Then it’s drizzled with an AMAZING homemade ranch dressing loaded with fresh herbs and so much flavor. Yum!
Even better, despite calling for one grilled ingredient, this salad is a breeze to throw together and is something you can make all week long as a healthy lunch or dinner! This salad is a great way to use up any leftovers. If you have leftover grilled chicken or even just leftover rotisserie chicken, this salad comes together even quicker!
- Mixed Greens: A bed of mixed greens or your favorite lettuce serve as the bed of this salad.
- Chicken Breast: I think grilled chicken breast is the most flavorful and it is perfect when the weather is warm and you can fire up the grill! If you don’t want to grill the chicken, you can use rotisserie chicken or even baked chicken!
- Tomatoes: Fresh tomatoes are my go-to vegetable in the summer. You can use any kind of tomato you want, and dice them up into bite sized pieces.
- Cucumber: I like to use either English or seedless cucumbers.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon is a MUST on a traditional Cobb salad. The crispy texture and savory flavor is just so good. Prep your bacon before hand by popping it into the oven or in the air fryer until crispy!
- Blue Cheese: Blue cheese crumbles add a tangy, cheesy flavor. If you aren’t a fan, try it with feta or even mozzarella if you need a mild cheese.
- Avocado: Avocado is a salad ingredient I simply can’t skip. That creamy texture is soo good!
- Eggs: It wouldn’t be a Cobb salad without some hard-boiled eggs! I would recommend making one boiled egg per salad.
- Red Onion: Finely diced red onion adds flavor and a slight bite here! If your red onion has too much of a bite soak in cold water for 15 minutes to lessen the flavor.
- Homemade Ranch Dressing: My easy homemade ranch dressing is super delicious on this salad. If you are in a pinch, you can certainly use your favorite store-bought ranch! Italian dressing or a balsamic vinaigrette would also be great!
How To Make This Recipe
- Assemble Bowls: To assemble, fill four bowls with mixed greens.
- Add Additional Ingredients: Top with grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, bacon, blue cheese, eggs, red onions and avocado.
- Make Dressing & Drizzle: Serve immediately with a drizzle of homemade ranch dressing or your favorite salad dressing!
tips for success
- Grill your chicken ahead of time and use any leftover for a grilled chicken Cobb salad!
- Boil your eggs ahead of time as well to really save time! I like to always have boiled eggs on hand anyways for an easy, protein packed breakfast.
- For a vegetarian salad, omit the chicken and bacon and double up on the hard boiled eggs. This salad will still be super hearty and filling!
- Grilled Chicken: I used leftover grilled chicken to make this recipe go super fast. But you could also use leftover rotisserie chicken if you have it on hand!
- Cheese: If blue cheese isn’t your thing, try feta crumbles, shredded mozzarella or even pearl mozzarella balls!
- Tomatoes: From roma to cherry tomatoes, any tomato will go great in this Cobb salad recipe.
- Lettuce: Use your favorite kind! I used mixed greens we had in our garden. You could also use a crunchier lettuce like romaine or Bibb. Spinach would also be a great substitute.
- Dressing: I love my classic homemade ranch on this salad, but you can also use a store-bought ranch or blue cheese dressing if you prefer!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
- Store leftover or meal-prepped salad in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days with salad dressing in a separate container to prevent greens from wilting.
- Make the salad dressing ahead of time and store in your fridge for up to 1 month.
frequently asked questions
What is traditionally in a Cobb salad?
Traditionally, a Cobb salad contains lettuce, tomato, bacon, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, and blue cheese. My Cobb salad recipe adds cucumber to the mix for an extra bit of freshness, and I love to use grilled chicken for extra flavor!
Can I make a Cobb salad ahead of time?
Definitely! It is best to store the Cobb salad separate from the dressing, but you can prep your Cobb salad ahead of time with all of the different ingredients and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Simply drizzle with the dressing whenever you are ready to eat!
More Salad Recipes To Try
Love this Grilled Chicken Cobb salad? Here are some more salad recipes to try!
- Berry Spinach Salad with Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Summer Fruit Salad with Mint and Lime Juice
- Blackened Shrimp Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Mexican Pasta Salad
Chicken Cobb Salad
Chicken Cobb Salad
- To assemble the salad fill four bowls with mixed greens.
- Top with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, bacon, blue cheese, eggs, red onions and avocado.
- Serve immediately with ranch or your favorite dressing!