The BEST Grilled Chicken marinated in an amazing sauce then grilled until juicy and tender. This recipe is so easy and only requires 10 minutes of prep time! Looking for more Grilled Chicken Recipes? Try my Grilled Asian Chicken or my Grilled Chicken Caprese!
The BEST Grilled Chicken
This Grilled Chicken is the perfect summer meal! It takes less than 10 minutes of prep time and the ingredients are things you probably already have in your pantry. Simply throw all of the marinade ingredients into a large ziplock bag and toss to coat the chicken. Marinade overnight or for at least an hour. This is our go to meal in the Summer. Throw the chicken on the grill along with some veggies for a low carb healthy dinner thats ready in no time! When you are ready to eat preheat the grill and remove the chicken from the marinade. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Marinating the chicken for at least an hour or preferably overnight helps to tenderize the chicken. The chicken comes out super juicy and moist!
I love making this chicken ahead of time to meal prep easy meals throughout the week.
Grilled Chicken Marinade
This marinade is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. It reminds me a bit of Italian dressing without the herbs! This truly is the BEST Grilled Chicken Marinade!
- Vegetable oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Dijon mustard
- Pepper and salt
How to make The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Marinate chicken: Add all of the marinade ingredients along with the chicken to a large ziplock bag. Seal the bag and toss to coat the chicken. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- Grill: When you are ready to eat preheat the grill to medium high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the chicken flipping half way through until fully cooked (about 8 minutes depending on thickness).
- Serve: Immediately with an extra squeeze of lemon and fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Pound out chicken: I like to pound my chicken out before putting it in the marinade. This helps the chicken cook evenly and ensures it’s super juicy and tender.
- Let the chicken rest: After the grilled chicken breast is done cooking I like to let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. This helps the chicken retain all of its juices and stay super tender.
- Add Herbs!: Feel free to add in fresh herbs to the marinade. Fresh rosemary or thyme would be amazing!
- Use what you have: This recipe can be made with chicken thighs or chicken wings or drumsticks. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time. Chicken wings or drumsticks should take about 30 minutes on the grill and chicken thighs will take 2 minutes more on each side.
- Make it spicier: If you love some extra heat (like me) add some crushed red pepper flakes to the marinade or hot sauce to taste.
- Make ahead of time: This easy grilled chicken marinade can be made in 2-3 days in advance and can be kept in the refrigerator.
What to serve with Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Veggies
- Confetti Corn
- Pasta Salad
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
The BEST Grilled Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/2 pounds
- The BEST Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *Prep time does not include marinating time*
- Add all of the marinade ingredients along with the chicken to a large ziploc bag. Seal the bag and toss to coat the chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to eat preheat the grill to medium high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken flipping half way through until fully cooked (about 8 minutes depending on thickness).
- Serve immediately with an extra squeeze of lemon and fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Originally published Jun 9, 2017