The BEST Chicken Parmesan. A quick and easy 30 minute weeknight meal everyone will love!
Now I know that’s saying a lot but this Chicken Parmesan is pretty darn amazing. Juicy, tender chicken breaded in a mixture of parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Pan fried until golden brown and topped with melted mozzarella cheese and marinara.
This Chicken Parmesan is one of my all time favorite meals.
This Chicken Parmesan is super easy to make. It takes less than 30 minutes to make start to finish.
This recipe starts with a 3 step breading process. Flour, egg and parmesan breadcrumbs. I use skinless boneless chicken breast and cut them in half. I pound them out to a 1/2 inch thickness. This keeps the chicken juicy and tender.
The best way to bread the chicken is to keep one hand for wet ingredients and one hand for dry. This helps from getting the dreaded breading hands.
Why this Chicken Parmesan is so awesome:
- Replacing some of the breadcrumb with parmesan cheese helps to keep the breading crispy on the outside.
- Pounding the chicken to a 1/2 inch thick keeps the cooking time down and the chicken juicy and moist.
The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- basil for serving, if desired
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound each piece until ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Add chicken two at a time to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden grown and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high until melted and bubbly. Top with tomato sauce and a sprinkle of basil for serving, if desired. Serve immediately.