Thin spaghetti tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Who knew pasta could be so simple and full of flavor? This pasta recipe is so easy to make. All you need are a few staples from your kitchen.
The focus of this dish is the pasta. Everything else including the lemon, garlic, and oil are used to accentuate the flavor of the pasta.
This recipe is also known as spaghetti aglio e olio which means garlic and oil in Italian.
This is a light, fresh dish anyone can make.
I like to make this pasta with garlic and oil when I am in a pinch and need something to make fast! This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make start to finish. It can be done all in one pot. Less cleanup = happier cook.
I threw in the spinach as an added bonus. Throwing leftover spinach in pasta is a win-win.
Make sure to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil in this recipe. It is also important to cook your pasta to al dente. Overcooked pasta is not good especially in this recipe where the pasta is the star of the show.
Only a few ingredients are needed to make a delicious pasta.
This pasta can be made on the cheap with most of the ingredients being staples from your house.
Craving more pasta recipes? Here are some more pasta dishes to try:
Pasta with garlic and oil
- 1 13.25 oz package whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Boil pasta per package instructions. My pasta took about 5 minutes for al dente. Drain pasta. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil into the pot the pasta was cooked in. Place on medium heat and saute garlic for a minute. Add in red pepper flakes and spinach and cook for an additional minute. Add pasta back to the pan and stir in the rest of the oil and lemon juice. Add cheese. Season with salt, and pepper.