Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Thighs coated in seasoned panko breadcrumbs then baked until super crispy.
You don’t need a deep fryer to make crispy chicken! These Oven Fried Chicken Thighs come out super crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. You would never know this chicken was made in the oven!
To get the crispy breading I start by coating the chicken in flour, egg then seasoned breadcrumbs. Then I bake in a hot oven until golden brown and crispy for 40-45 minutes.
Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in and skin off
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper on the chicken thighs tossing to coat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the flour, set aside.
- In another small bowl combine the eggs, milk, dijon and hot sauce, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Working in a line start by dipping chicken one at a time in the flour, egg, then panko breadcrumbs.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces!