Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs. Juicy chicken thighs smothered in an amazing honey mustard sauce then baked until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
Where has this honey mustard sauce been all my life?! It is ridiculously good and is the perfect topping for juicy chicken thighs. The honey mustard marinade takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and is amazing! It goes perfectly with the baked chicken thighs. All you need is 8 ingredients to make this dish! Most of which you already have in your pantry. This recipe makes 8 chicken thighs so you’ll have plenty of leftovers! This is the perfect recipe for meal prepping.
- Chicken Thighs (I love using bone in skin on chicken thighs however boneless chicken thighs or breast can be substituted. The cooking time will be a lot shorter as well.)
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt + Pepper
How to make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Start by combining honey, dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, set aside. Add chicken thighs to a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Brush the honey mustard sauce evenly onto the chicken. Bake until the chicken reaches 175 degrees, about 30-40 minutes. To get the nice crispy skin on top I like to broil the chicken after it’s baked. Turn the broiler on high and cook until the skin gets browned and crispy, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to serve with Honey Mustard Chicken
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- Three Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 8 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine honey, dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs to the prepared pan. Brush the honey mustard sauce on the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken reaches 175 degrees, 30-40 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on high and cook until the skin gets browned and crispy, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!