It doesn’t get much simpler (or more delicious) than this Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs recipe. Juicy chicken thighs are smothered in an amazing honey mustard sauce, and then baked until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Serve with sides like my creamy mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, or my Mexican kale salad to complete the meal.
- Homemade Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Key Ingredients for Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- How to Make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- How To Store, Freeze, and Reheat This Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- What to serve with Honey Mustard Chicken
- More Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try
Homemade Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Recipe
Where has this honey mustard sauce been all my life?! It’s ridiculously good and the perfect topping for juicy chicken thighs. The honey mustard marinade takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and is incredibly flavorful with just a few ingredients! It goes perfectly with the baked chicken thighs. All you need is eight ingredients to make this entire dish, most of which you already have in your pantry. That’s a win in my book!
This recipe makes eight chicken thighs, so you’ll have plenty of leftovers for weekday lunches. This is the perfect recipe for meal prepping for a busy work week!
I like to serve my baked honey mustard chicken thighs with sides like roasted broccoli, creamy mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower, or cilantro lime brown rice. This also pairs well with a simple side salad like my Mexican kale salad or my Strawberry Spinach Salad.
However you serve it, this recipe is sure to be a family favorite. Enjoy!
Key Ingredients for Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Thighs: I love using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs because they are SO flavorful, but boneless chicken thighs or breast can be substituted. The cooking time will be a lot shorter as well.
- Honey: This recipe calls for a 1/4 cup. That may sound like a lot, but trust me. It’s balanced out with the dijon mustard and spices!
- Dijon Mustard: you’ll use a 1/4 cup of this ingredient, too. The vinegar in the mustard balances out the sweetness of the honey and offers a golden brown color for the sauce.
- Dry Seasonings: In total, you’ll season your honey mustard marinade with 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika (smoked, if possible), 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
PRO TIP: Season your chicken thighs with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper before dressing them in the honey mustard glaze. This will ensure the chicken is well-seasoned all on its own. If you don’t want the extra sodium, skip this step.
How to Make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Prepare your marinade by combining the honey, dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add chicken thighs to the greased baking dish, and brush the honey mustard sauce evenly onto the chicken, making sure to cover every nook and cranny.
- Bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees, about 30-40 minutes.
- Then, once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, crisp the skin by turning the broiler on high and cooking the chicken thighs for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and serve immediately with your preferred sides like my mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli. Enjoy!
How To Store, Freeze, and Reheat This Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- To Store: Place cooled chicken thighs in an airtight container or plastic bag, and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To Freeze: Allow chicken thighs to reach room temperature, then place in a freezer-safe, airtight container or plastic bag, and freeze for up to one month. Label with recipe name and date of freezing.
- To Reheat: Allow frozen chicken thighs to thaw in the fridge overnight, then come to room temperature on the counter. Then, place them on a baking sheet and place in a 275-degree oven until warmed through. You can use the broiler to try and re-crispy the skin, but it is unlikely to get as crispy as the first time it was prepared. You can also reheat in an air fryer on medium heat for 10 minutes or so, until warmed through and crispy.
What to serve with Honey Mustard Chicken
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- Three Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
More Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed my baked honey mustard chicken thighs, then you’ll love these other easy chicken recipes:
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
- Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 8 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine honey, dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs to the prepared pan. Brush the honey mustard sauce on the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken reaches 175 degrees, 30-40 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on high and cook until the skin gets browned and crispy, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!