Easy Chicken Marsala is a rich and creamy dish made in one pan and ready in under 30 minutes! It’s an Italian staple that you can make at home!
This is the Best Chicken Marsala Recipe you will ever try! It’s rich, creamy and loaded with flavor. Thin chicken cutlets get seared in a hot pan until golden brown then served with mushrooms in a creamy marsala sauce.
The sauce is made up of marsala wine, chicken stock and heavy cream. That’s it. It’s super easy to whip this up and most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand.
How to make Creamy Chicken Marsala
- The trick to restaurant quality chicken marsala is to slice the chicken in half so it’s super thin. This keeps the chicken tender and juicy.
- Next dredge the chicken in flour to coat then brown in a hot pan with butter and oil until golden brown on the outside. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms in the same pan until tender. Add in the marsala wine and scrap the brown bites from the pan. This adds so much flavor to the dish!
- Add in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil then simmer until the sauce in thickened and reduced by almost half, 10 minutes. Note: the longer you let the sauce simmer the darker, richer and thicker it will become!
Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer until the chicken is warmed though. Serve immediately with parsley for serving if desired.
What to Serve with Chicken Marsala
- Lemon Parmesan Rice
- Thin spaghetti
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Asparagus
- Or serve over cauliflower rice for a low carb option!
More 30 minute chicken recipes to try!
Easy Chicken Marsala
Easy Chicken Marsala is a rich and creamy dish made in one pan and ready in under 30 minutes! It is an Italian staple that you can make at home!
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally so you have 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- parsley, for serving, if desired
Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
Add flour to a shallow bowl. Add chicken breast one at a time and dredge them in the flour making sure to coat evenly.
In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat.
Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of oil to the same pan the chicken was cooked in.
Add mushrooms and saute until browned 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the marsala and scrape the browned bites from the bottom of the pan.
Add in the broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil then simmer until the sauce in thickened and reduced by almost half, 10 minutes.
Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer until the chicken is warmed and cooked through to 165 f.
Serve immediately with parsley for serving if desired.