Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry. A quick and easy one skillet weeknight meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
I love stir frys because they are quick and easy. Perfect for a busy weeknight. This is a super easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes! Everything is made in one pan making for an easy clean up.
They are also very versatile and can be made in many different ways depending on what you have on hand. I made this chicken stir fry with lots of broccoli. You can always substitute the broccoli with carrots, bell peppers or cauliflower!
For me the trick to an awesome stir fry is a hot pan. I like to cook the chicken in batches so it stays nice and crispy. I also cook the broccoli over high heat just until it is caramelized on the outside and it still has a nice crunch to it.
After the chicken and broccoli have cooked I add them back to the pan along with the sauce ingredients. I like to add soy sauce, honey and water. That’s it!
Serve with a side of white or brown rice and enjoy!
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
- Add in the broccoli and sauté until tender and caramelized, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan. I cook my chicken in two batches to ensure it gets crispy and caramelized on the outside.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, honey and sesame oil.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the broccoli.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Simmer until the sauce has thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.