Super Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice. A low carb healthy meal loaded with veggies and eggs! Ready in under 20 minutes!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower Fried Rice is always a weekly staple for dinner at my house. It’s super easy to make and takes just 20 minutes to throw together. This is a great clean out the fridge recipe! You can substitute whatever veggies you have on hand! You can leave it vegetarian or add in your favorite protein. Chicken, shrimp or beef would all be great in this! Here’s what you’ll need to make this cauliflower fried rice recipe:
- Butter: I love using butter in my cauliflower rice stir fry! To me it adds a lot more flavor and helps to brown the riced cauliflower. You can always substitute any other cooking oil if you prefer.
- Eggs: Are added for protein. You can omit and substitute tofu if you are allergic to eggs.
- Veggies: I use diced carrots, onions, garlic and peas. Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Cauliflower: I typically use 1 medium head of cauliflower for this recipe. You can always use frozen pre riced cauliflower to save on time! I would use about 4 cups of pre riced cauliflower.
- Soy sauce: I always use low sodium soy sauce however dark or regular soy sauce can be substituted just make sure to dilute it a bit with water to cut down on the saltiness.
- Oyster sauce: Is a thick savory slightly sweet and salty sauce that can be found in the international or asian section of your grocery store.
- Sesame oil: Adds a wonderfully nutty flavor to this recipe. A little bit goes a long way!
- For serving: I like to top my stir fried rice with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish.
How to make cauliflower fried rice
This cauliflower fried rice recipe couldn’t be easier. Start by heating butter in a large skillet then add in eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside. Add carrots, onion and riced cauliflower to the same pan and cook until tender and lightly caramelized. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the eggs back to the pan and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and Sriracha. Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.
How to make cauliflower into rice
The best way to rice cauliflower is in the food processor. I cut up cauliflower into large chunks then pulse until it resembles rice! It’s that easy! I like to rice a couple heads of cauliflower at a time then place the extra in a ziplock bag and freeze it up to 3 months. It makes it super easy to throw this recipe together with already frozen riced cauliflower! You can also use store bought frozen riced cauliflower. There is no need to thaw either! Frozen riced cauliflower can be added directly to the pan.
What to serve with this rice
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
- Homemade Egg Rolls
- General Tso’s Chicken
- 30 Minute Mongolian Beef
- Kung Pao Shrimp
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Egg Drop Soup
- Homemade Dumplings
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Super Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice. A low carb healthy meal loaded with tons of vegetables and eggs! Ready in under 20 minutes!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, small dice
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp sriracha or to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- Cut cauliflower into large chunks and add to a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice, set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet.
- Add the eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter into the pan. Add carrots, onion and riced cauliflower to the pan and cook until tender and lightly caramelized, 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the eggs back to the pan along with the peas, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and Sriracha. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.
Originally published May 21, 2019