This delicious and easy Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice recipe is a healthy side dish made with fresh-squeezed lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley. It’s a no-frills dish that goes well with nearly everything!
Love easy side dish recipes? Then you need to try my Pesto Risotto recipe!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Healthy and Easy Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice
Brown rice is a staple in my kitchen. It is easier for your stomach to digest and unlike white rice has a quicker cooking time. Brown rice has a wonderfully nutty flavor and a nice bite.
Brown rice also known as the “unrefined” version of white rice is loaded with health benefits. 1 cup of brown rice equals 5g of protein and 4g of fiber! Brown rice has much more fiber and nutrients than white.
For this Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice recipe, I added fresh squeezed lemon juice, chopped parsley, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese to the cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper, and you’re done! How easy is that?
TIP: If you like this rice you will love my Cilantro Lime Brown Rice!
It’s not easy to get excited over a side dish, but this one is worth the hype! You only need a few fresh ingredients and pantry staples to make this healthy and delicious Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice.
You’ll need some olive oil, brown rice, a small onion (yellow or white), chicken broth (homemade is always best!), a lemon (for the juice and zest), a bay leaf, fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese (freshly grated, if possible).
Reserve some lemon wedges, parsley, and parmesan to garnish before serving.
How To Make Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice
This Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice could not be easier to make!
Brown rice and onion: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add in rice and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes to get some color on the rice and onions.
Simmer rice: Once rice and onions are slightly browned and toasted add in chicken broth, lemon zest and bay leaf. Cook for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed.
Fluff rice: Take off of the heat and stir in the lemon juice and fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese on top of each bowl and enjoy!
Serve alongside fish, chicken, or grilled vegetables. It goes well with everything!
- The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Steak Kebabs
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Blackened Salmon
- Shawarma Chicken Recipe
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Roasted Broccoli
- Baked Jerk Chicken
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store leftover cooled rice in an airtight container or plastic bag in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze cooked and cooled rice in a freezer-safe, airtight container or plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- Reheat thawed or chilled rice in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Add some chicken broth if it seems dry.
More Rice Recipes To Try
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Enchilada Rice
- Easy Red Beans and Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- One Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice Bake
Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add in rice and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes to get some color on the rice and onions.
- Once rice and onions are slightly browned and toasted add in chicken broth, lemon zest and bay leaf. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Take off of the heat and stir in the lemon juice and fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese on top of each bowl and enjoy!