Quick 15 minute Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice. A healthy side dish made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
It’s not easy to get excited over a side dish. But this one is worth it. Only a few ingredients are needed to make this healthy brown rice.
Brown rice is now a staple in my kitchen. It is easier for your stomach to digest and unlike white rice has a quicker cooking time. Brown rice has a wonderfully nutty flavor and a nice bite.
I added fresh squeezed lemon juice, chopped parsley, olive oil and Parmesan cheese to the cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper and your done! How easy is that?
Brown rice also known as the “unrefined” version of white rice is loaded with health benefits. 1 cup of brown rice equals 5g of protein and 4g of fiber! Brown rice has much more fiber and nutrients than white.
To shorten the cooking time I used 2 bags of Boil in a Bag whole grain Brown Rice which I cooked on the stove top. You can use regular brown rice but it will take about 30 minutes to cook. You can also microwave brown rice which only takes 15 minutes! Steal. If you do use uncooked brown rice make sure to rinse well and drain before boiling. Add some chicken or vegetable stock to the liquid for some flavor. I like to cook my brown rice to al-dente.
This 15 minute Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice could not be easier to make. Simply toss together lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper while the rice is cooking. When the rice is done toss everything together and you have a quick and healthy side dish.
Serve alongside fish, chicken or grilled vegetables.
If you like this rice you will love my Cilantro Lime Brown Rice.
Craving more brown rice recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
View all of my side dish recipes.
Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice
- 4 cups boil in a bag brown rice 2 packages
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Boil rice per package instructions. The Uncle Ben's version I purchased took about 8-10 minutes for al-dente. (Please note these cooking times are for the boil in a bag brown rice. Uncooked brown rice takes about 30 minutes on the stove top and 15 minutes in the microwave).
- While the rice is cooking add the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, pepper, salt and Parmesan cheese to a medium bowl.
- Add the cooked rice into the dressing mixture and toss to combine.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!