Easy Italian Gnocchi Soup made with Kale and Spicy Sausage. A super flavorful soup that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Colder weather = soup weather which I am so excited about!
I have been making alot of soups lately and freezing some of the leftovers. It makes a great quick and easy lunch or dinner.
This Italian Gnocchi Soup is loaded with sausage, gnocchi, spinach, kale, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Hearty and comforting with a spicy kick.
Everything is made in one pot and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
This soup has a little spice to it from the spicy Italian sausage and crushed red pepper. If you are not a fan of the spice feel free to substitute mild Italian sausage and omit the crushed red pepper.
Serve this soup with some nice crusty bread and dig in!
Italian Gnocchi Soup with Kale and Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 16 ounce package of gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups kale
- salt and pepper
- crushed red peppers
- Italian seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pot.
- Add in onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add in garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Take the onion and garlic out of the pot and set aside.
- Add in sausage and brown. (You do not have to add more oil. The sausage tends to give off a lot of grease when it is cooked).
- Drain excess grease and add the onion and garlic back to the pot.
- Add in broth, tomatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in gnocchi and cook until it floats to the top, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and kale and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Season soup to taste with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Serve immediately.