Italian Ham and White Bean Orzo Soup! A super easy dinner recipe that comes together in under 40 minutes time!
It’s time for some soup again! This time I made you my Italian Ham and White Bean Orzo Soup. A super simple Italian soup loaded with flavor thanks to the ham, garlic and fire roasted tomatoes!
This soup takes only 40 minutes to make! Sauté the onion, orzo and ham then throw everything together in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until the orzo is tender. That’s it!
Serve this soup with fresh basil, parmesan cheese and thick crusty bread for dipping and enjoy! I love to serve this with a side salad as well.
- Olive Oil
- Unsalted Butter
- Orzo Pasta
- Ham (can omit if you want to keep this soup vegetarian)
- Chicken Stock (can substitute vegetable stock)
- Italian Seasoning
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Cannelloni Beans
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Chopped Basil
How to make Italian Ham and White Bean Orzo Soup
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot. Add in orzo, onion and ham and saute for a couple of minutes until onion is tender. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in chicken stock, water, seasoning, tomatoes and beans. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm and garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley if desired. (This soup gets thickened up by the orzo so if it get’s too thick add a bit more water or chicken stock to thin it out.)
Here are more soup recipes to enjoy!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Easy Italian Meatball Soup
- The BEST Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Italian Ham and White Bean Orzo Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups ham cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes for serving if desired
- grated parmesan for serving if desired
- basil for serving if desired
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot.
- Add in orzo, onion and ham and saute for a couple of minutes until onion is tender.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in stock, water, seasoning, tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley if desired.