Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup cooked low and slow for 8 hours! Loaded with tons of flavor. Tastes just like an enchilada but in soup form!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup has been in my dinner rotation for a while now. This is one of my favorite soups to serve in the winter and freezes very well! This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada soup is loaded with tons of Mexican flavor and a hint of spice. It’s the perfect meal to warm up to on a cold day!
How to make Chicken Enchilada Soup
Start by adding all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Cooking the chicken in the soup keeps it super tender and loaded with flavor. Simply shred the chicken before serving!
Serve this soup warm topped with tortilla chips, cilantro avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese if desired!
What is in Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
This soup is loaded with all of my favorite Mexican flavors. Cilantro, lime juice, enchilada sauce and black beans. Slightly spicy and full of flavor.
The base of this soup is a blend of enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Black beans, corn, onions and garlic are also added.
For extra flavor I added some chilis in adobo, ground cumin, chili powder and graham masala.
Love Slow Cooker Soup? Here are more soup recipes to try!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Italian Meatball Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This is also a perfect freezer friendly meal. I like to make tons of this soup in the winter and freeze extra for easy lunches and dinner. You can also refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts equal to 1 pound
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce can chicken stock
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 14 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili in adobo sauce only (can add more if you like extra heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon graham masala
- optional garnishes: tortilla chips cilantro avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Add back to the soup and stir.
- Serve hot with optional garnishes if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!