Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup cooked low and slow for 6 hours! Super comforting and perfect for winter!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is the perfect meal to warm you up on a cold day! This soup is loaded with veggies, shredded chicken and cheese tortellini. This soup simmers low and slow for 6 hours in the slow cooker. That means little effort and lots of flavor.
To make this Chicken Tortellini Soup simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the tortellini. I like to add them in about 15 minutes before serving so they don’t get mushy. Serve this soup with some crusty bread and a nice salad and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- chopped fresh parsley for serving, if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker except for the tortellini.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired