Slow Cooker Turkey Chili made with black beans, kidney beans, corn and lots of spices. Hearty, thick, filling and full of flavor! The really is the BEST turkey chili made healthier and in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
This ground turkey chili is the perfect comfort food to serve during the colder months. I also lightened this recipe up by using lean ground turkey and adding more vegetable to the chili! It is perfectly hearty and comforting.
I used both black beans and kidney beans in this chili as well as frozen corn. Feel free to substitute whatever beans and veggies you have on hand.
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Chicken Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Green Chilies
- Spices: Chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, whole chipotles in adobo
How to make Turkey Chili in the Slow Cooker
This turkey chili recipe is super easy to throw together and only takes 10 minutes of prep time. Simply brown the turkey in a skillet and toss it in the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
I loaded this healthy turkey chili up with tons of Mexican flavor: black beans, corn, cilantro and chipotles. The chipotles add in a nice smokiness and heat to this chili.
I don’t like using taco packets in my chili. I like adjusting to taste and use the seasonings I have in my pantry. I like to use chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
I love to serve this easy turkey chili with my Easy Homemade Cornbread. They go perfectly together!
- Northern beans can be used in place of the kidney beans or black beans.
- Add whatever vegetables you have on hand. Diced bell pepper, zucchini or carrots would all be delicious in this chili.
- You can omit the ground turkey to keep the chili vegetarian. I love adding quinoa to my vegetarian chili!
- You can also substitute ground chicken or beef for the turkey!
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Diced Red Onion
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- Diced Avocado
Can you freeze this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili?
Yes! This is the best turkey chili! It makes tons of leftovers and is freezer friendly! Simply freeze leftovers in a ziplock bag and store for up to 3 months. Alternatively you can freeze everything uncooked and take it out of the freezer and put it straight into the slow cooker when you want a quick and easy meal!
Can this be made in the Instant Pot?
Yes! Simply brown the turkey on the saute option then add the rest of the ingredients and pressure cook for 18-20 minutes. That’s it! Perfect for when you want a healthy dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
Here are more Slow Cooker recipes to enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage and Kale Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 ounce cans fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (no need to thaw)
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 whole chipotles in adobo diced (can add some sauce too for some more heat)
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil. Add in ground turkey and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Add the turkey to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients (except for toppings)
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 4 hours, until the soup is cooked through.
- Serve warm with the suggested toppings above!
Originally published Jan 11, 2017