Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. The BEST turkey chili made healthier and in the slow cooker! Hearty, thick, filling and full of flavor!
This chili is the perfect comfort food to serve during the colder months. It is also made healthier with ground turkey + more veggies and beans.
I used both black beans and kidney beans in this soup and also added in some frozen corn.
This chili is super easy to throw together and only takes 10 minutes of prep time. Simply brown the turkey in a skillet and toss it in the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
This chili also makes tons of leftovers and is freezer friendly! I loaded this healthy turkey chili up with tons of Mexican flavor: black beans, corn, cilantro and chipotles. The chipotles add in a nice smokiness and heat to this chili.
I don’t like using taco packets in my chili. I like adjusting to taste and use the seasonings I have in my pantry. I like to use chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
Serve this chili with shredded Mexican cheese, cilantro, tortilla strips, sour cream and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups frozen corn, (no need to thaw)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 whole chipotles in adobo, diced (can add some sauce too for some more heat)
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Add the turkey to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients (except for toppings)
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 4 hours, until the soup is cooked through.
- Serve warm with the suggested toppings above!