Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup. Super comforting, hearty and loaded with tons of vegetables! The perfect healthy soup for winter!
This soup is a copycat of one of my favorite Olive Garden soups. It’s warm, hearty and loaded with tons of beans and vegetables. Not to mention healthy! Packed with zucchini, carrots, celery, green beans AND spinach this soup is loaded with tons of veggies.
Fire roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs and garlic are added for extra flavor. If you don’t have vegetable stock on hand chicken stock can be substituted.
I prefer my soup on the thicker side. As it cools it tends to thicken up as well. Feel free to add more broth or water as needed to thin it out a bit.
How to cook minestrone soup in a slow cooker
This soup is ridiculously easy to make. Throw all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do it’s magic. This soup is cooked low and slow for up to 8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. 30 minutes before serving I add in the zucchini, pasta and beans. Right before serving I stir in the green beans and spinach and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Serve immediately with lots of parmesan cheese!
This is a great soup to freeze. I would suggest cooking the pasta separately and serving with each bowl if you plan to freeze this soup. This recipes makes ALOT of soup and plenty of leftovers.
What to serve with this slow cooker minestrone soup
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 14.5 ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini quartered
- 1 cup ditalini pasta uncooked
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cups green beans I used frozen and thawed them out
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- Add stock, water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, bay leaves and crushed red pepper flakes to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours.
- Add in zucchini, pasta, beans and cook on high heat and additional 30 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in green beans and spinach. Heat through. (If mixture is too thick add a splash of stock.)
- Season soup to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!