Super Easy Turkey Tortilla Soup loaded with tons of Mexican flavor and leftover roasted turkey. This soup only takes 30 minutes to make!
Looking for an easy way to use up all of that extra turkey? This soup has you covered. I took leftover shredded turkey and whipped up a quick and easy Mexican style soup that’s loaded with flavor!
This Turkey Tortilla Soup is a spin off my Easy 20 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup. I used salsa in this soup instead of crushed tomatoes and enchilada sauce. It’s got a little kick from the salsa and spices and tons of flavor from the cilantro and lime juice. Warm, hearty and comforting.
Best of all this soup comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Throw everything together in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes and serve that’s it!
Top with tortilla strips, cilantro, avocado and enjoy!
Love this Turkey Tortilla Soup? Here are a couple other soup recipes you’ll want to try!
Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 3 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 6 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of half of a lime
- salt and pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Take off of the heat and add in cilantro and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and garnish with avocado, tortilla strips or cilantro if desired.