Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. Loaded with egg noodles, chicken and fresh herbs. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is comfort food at it’s best. It is loaded with ton of veggies, shredded chicken, egg noodles and fresh herbs. Best of all it only takes 30 minutes in the Instant Pot!
- Chicken Thighs (Chicken breasts also work great in this soup)
- Chicken Broth (I prefer to use low sodium chicken broth. If using regular substitute some of the broth for water).
- Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Parsley
- Egg Noodles
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup takes just 30 minutes from start to finish in the Instant Pot! It’s the perfect one pot meal! I use the sauté option on the Instant pot to sauté my onions, carrots and celery in butter. Then I add in my chicken stock, chicken thighs and fresh herbs. I set the Instant Pot to manual and cook for 8 minutes or until the chicken shreds easily with two forks. Once the chicken is cooked I leave the lid off of the instant pot and add in the noodles and let them boil until al dente. Right before serving serving I add in the juice of one lemon. It brightens the soup so much and makes it that much more delicious!
What to serve with Chicken Noodle Soup
I love serving this soup with crusty bread for dipping and a side salad. Grilled cheese, biscuits or homemade rolls are also amazing with this soup!
Can you freeze this soup?
This soup does freeze well. If you are planning to freeze the soup I would suggest cooking the egg noodles separately and freezing the broth in an airtight container. When you are ready to serve reheat the soup on the stove top and serve with cooked egg noodles, tortellini or rice!
Here are more soup recipes to enjoy!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Italian Meatball Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to Saute.
- Add butter and cook until melted. Add in the onions, carrots and celery and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until they start to get a bit of color on them.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, chicken thighs, bay leaves, parsley and thyme. Cancel the Sauté option and switch to the Manual setting. Cover and set for 8 minutes.
- Once finished carefully release pressure and when ready remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred with two forks.
- Add the uncooked noodles to the Instant Pot and set to Sauté for 6 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add back in the shredded chicken and stir in the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately.