Super Easy 30 Minute Tortellini Tomato and Spinach Soup. Satisfying, healthy and comforting. The perfect dinner for a busy weeknight!
This Tortellini Tomato and Spinach Soup is one of my favorites. It’s quick and easy, makes tons of leftovers and tastes amazing! Plus it’s loaded with tons of cheese tortellini.
You can add some sausage or beef to this soup if your prefer. I kept it simple and stuck with tomatoes, spinach and tortellini.
This soup is loaded with tomatoes, fresh spinach, tons of garlic and onion. The fire roasted tomatoes add tons of flavor to this soup. I would suggest using them instead of diced tomatoes. To thicken up the soup I added in some crushed tomatoes as well. You can also substitute tomato sauce if you have that on hand.
Throw everything together in a large pot and bring to a simmer. A couple minutes before serving add in the tortellini and spinach and cook until warmed through. That’s it!
Serve this soup with fresh basil, parmesan cheese and thick crusty bread for dipping and enjoy!
Tortellini Tomato and Spinach Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomato or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 14 ounces tortellini You can use fresh or frozen. I did frozen. Make sure to allow extra time for frozen tortellini to warm up in soup
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil for serving if desired
- grated parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add in onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and spinach and cook until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with basil and parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.