A Super Healthy Vegetarian Quinoa Chili loaded with three different types of beans, corn and quinoa. Hearty, thick, filling and full of flavor!
I love a good chili. Especially one that is healthy and loaded with fiber. I packed this chili with three types of beans, quinoa, corn, onions and garlic. You will not miss the meat in this chili!
This chili is super easy to throw together and only takes 10 minutes of prep time.
This chili also makes tons of leftovers and is freezer friendly!
This chili is loaded with flavor, filling and hearty. I threw in some chili powder and paprika for added spice. I also like to add a couple dashes of hot sauce. But that can be omitted if you don’t like a lot of spice.
This chili would be perfect to serve for superbowl or during the colder winter months!
Serve with shredded Mexican cheese, green onions, tortilla strips, sour cream and enjoy!
Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- a couple dashes of hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions and avocado for serving, if desired
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- Add in onion and saute until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, cooked quinoa, water, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, paprika and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in all of the beans and corn. Cook for a couple of minutes until heated through.
- Serve immediately with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions and avocado for serving, if desired!
Adapted from Cooking Classy