Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges. A super easy and healthy side dish that comes together in minutes! All you need is 4 ingredients and 30 minutes to make these sweet potato wedges!
These Sweet Potato Wedges make the perfect side dish to any summer meal! Caramelized and crispy on the outside. Light and fluffy on the inside. The best part is you will be eating these fries in less than 30 minutes, start to finish! All you need for this recipe is 4 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sweet Potatoes (I usually do 1 per person)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
How to make Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
To prep the potatoes I scrub them really well and leave the skin on. This helps the wedges from falling apart when grilling. Then I boil them for about 6 minutes or until they are fork tender. Next I toss them in olive oil and spices then place them on the grill. They take about 2-3 minutes per side on the grill. I cook them until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve immediately and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
What to serve with Sweet Potato Wedges
- I love to serve these with Spicy Ketchup, Homemade Ranch Dressing or Honey Mustard for dipping!
- For a fun twist omit the garlic and onion powder and sprinkle the potato wedges with cinnamon and sugar when they come off the grill. These wedges are also delicious topped with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese!
- Try tossing these fries in some of your favorite seasonings. I like to do Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning and Taco seasoning!
Here are more delicious side dish recipes to try!
- Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Baked French Fries
- Three Cheese Mac and Cheese
- The BEST Baked Beans
Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4 large sweet potatoes scrubbed and cut into wedges with skin on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Carefully add in sweet potato wedges and cook until fork tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the water then add in the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the same pot. Toss to coat.
- Heat the grill to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook the potatoes until crispy on the outside, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove and serve immediately with my Spicy Ketchup!