This easy 30-minute confetti creamed corn is loaded with crispy bacon, jalapeños, cream cheese, red bell peppers, and sweet corn. It’s fun and colorful spin on classic creamed corn that you’re sure to love!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
This confetti creamed corn is my favorite summer side dish! It goes perfectly with grilled salmon or chicken and makes a wonderful potluck dish to bring to barbecues. This dish comes together in under 30 minutes and everything can be made in one skillet!
This homemade creamed corn recipe is the perfect combination of creamy with a hint of spice. Diced green chilies and jalapeños give this dish a little kick. The cream cheese and milk balance out the flavors so it’s not too spicy. And the savory bacon balances out the sweetness from the corn.
I love using fresh corn on the cob in this creamed corn recipe. I try not to overcook the corn so it still has a bit of crunch to it. If fresh corn is not in season, frozen or canned corn can be substituted. (Just add it in after you sauté the vegetables so they don’t turn soggy.)
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Red onion
- Diced green chiles
- Cream cheese (softened to room temperature to prevent lumps)
- Milk (whichever you prefer)
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
How To Make It
- Start by cooking bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove from the pan and reserve some of the bacon grease.
- To the same skillet add in corn, red onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Sauté until tender but still crisp 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the diced green chilies, cream cheese and milk and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Take off the heat and add the parsley to this homemade creamed corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
- The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Beef
- If red onion is too strong for your taste, then you could swap it out for sweet, yellow, white, or even green onions.
- Use a medley of bell peppers or mini sweet peppers to add more color to this dish.
- Add more spice with crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- For a deeper, meatier flavor, use diced pancetta in place of the bacon in this confetti creamed corn recipe.
- Serve with crumbled feta, cotija, or parmesan cheese!
Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in a heat-safe bowl or plate in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through.
More Side Dish Recipes To Try
- The BEST Baked Beans
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- The BEST Cornbread
- Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad with Rice
Creamy Confetti Corn
Easy 30 Minute Creamy Confetti Corn. Loaded with crispy bacon, jalapeno, cream cheese, red bell pepper and fresh corn on the cob. The perfect Summer side dish!
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 ears fresh corn (about 3 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, diced and seeds removed
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add bacon to a large skillet and cook until brown and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain extra grease.
- Remove all of the bacon grease from the pan except 1 tablespoon.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add in corn, red onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Saute until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the green chilies, cream cheese and milk and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Take off the heat and add in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!