This easy Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon recipe only requires 6 Ingredient and is ready in 20 minutes or less. It is served with a homemade sticky and sweet maple dijon sauce. This will be your new go to recipe for salmon!
Homemade Maple Dijon Salmon
This is one of the easiest dinners you will ever make! Not to mention it’s absolutely delicious. This maple dijon salmon recipe takes only 20 minutes to make from start to finish, and it requires only 6 ingredients, the majority of which you probably already have in your pantry.
But by far, the best part of this easy salmon recipe has got to be the sauce. It’s sweet and sticky from the maple syrup and tangy from the dijon mustard — the best of both worlds!
Even better, this recipe is customizable to best fit your family’s tastebuds. If you prefer honey to maple syrup, swap it out! Like whole grain mustard more than Dijon? Swap it! Want more heat? Add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. It’s totally up to you!
To make your own Maple Dijon Salmon at home, you’ll need: 4 salmon filets (with the skin on to protect the tender meat from the grill), pure maple syrup (or honey), dijon mustard, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. That’s it!
How To Make Maple Dijon Salmon
- Preheat grill: To medium high heat. Spray the grill with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl combine maple, mustard, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cook: Brush half of the sauce on the salmon, set the rest of the sauce aside. Place the salmon skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes then flip. Then, cook for an additional 4 minutes or until fully cooked. (depends on thickness of salmon)
- Serve: Spoon the rest of the sauce on the salmon, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
What To Serve with Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon
- Lemon Parmesan Brown Rice
- Spicy Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice (for a low carb option)
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Easy BLT Pasta Salad
- Easy 30 Minute Creamy Confetti Corn
- Try not to force the salmon while flipping. If it’s sticking to the grill give it a minute or two and it will release from the grill on it’s own when it’s ready to flip.
- Leave the skin on the salmon during cooking. This helps the salmon stay together and not fall apart when flipping. Once the salmon is cooked allow to cool slightly and remove the skin.
- I grilled the salmon, but this would also be wonderful in the oven, stove top, or air fryer!
Storage and Reheating Recommendation
- Store leftover cooked and cooled salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This is a great meal-prepping recipe ahead of a busy week!
- Reheat chilled salmon in the microwave for up to 2 minutes at 30-second intervals, being careful to not overcook. You can also reheat salmon in a skillet or the oven until warm.
- We do not recommend freezing cooked salmon, as the texture will be off after thawing. But you can marinade raw salmon in the maple dijon sauce and freeze to speed up the process the next time you want to make this!
More Salmon Recipes To Try
- Orange Teriyaki Salmon
- Honey Sriracha Salmon
- Easy Teriyaki Salmon
- Sweet and Sour Salmon
- Hoisin Glazed Salmon and Veggies in Foil
Never miss out! Need more quick & easy recipes like these baked French fries in your life? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates.
Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon
- 4 salmon filets skin on
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Spray the grill with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine maple, mustard, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Brush half of the marinade on the salmon, set the rest of the marinade aside.
- Place the salmon skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes then flip. Cook for an additional 4 minutes or until fully cooked. (depends on thickness of salmon)
- Spoon the rest of the sauce on the salmon and serve immediately.