Sweet and Sour Salmon. Broiled salmon filets brushed with a quick and easy sweet and sour sauce!
This Sweet and Sour Salmon is a super easy dinner that is perfect for a busy weeknight. It only takes 30 minutes to make and only requires 7 ingredients!
The sweet and sour sauce is quick to whip up. Simply whisk together soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and sour and super thick thanks to the cornstarch.
I cook the salmon by broiling it in the oven. It’s a quick and easy way to cook salmon with little clean up. I usually line a sheet tray with foil then spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. When it’s time to clean up simply throw out the foil and your done!
Sweet and Sour Salmon
- 4 salmon filets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons thai chili sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Preheat the oven to broil and position the oven rack to the top rack. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the salmon filets skin side down on the prepared baking sheet, set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, thai chili sauce, garlic and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer and whisk constantly until the sauce has thickened.
- Brush half of the sauce on top the salmon filets.
- Place in the oven and broil for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked, brushing the remaining sauce on top halfway through cooking. If the salmon starts to get too brown move the rack down some.
- Once the salmon has cooled a bit remove the skin and serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.