Loaded with flavor and healthy vegetables, this Air Fryer Fried Rice couldn’t be more easier! Simply throw the ingredients in the air fryer and let it do the work for you. It pairs perfectly with stir-fries and any Asian-inspired homemade take-out dish, and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
We make fried rice every week at home! It’s so easy, and I love that it’s loaded with vegetables. Any way to fit extra veggies into my family’s meals is a win for me!
I decided to take my reader’s favorite recipe for Fried Rice and see if I could make it happen in an air fryer instead of on the stove. It worked so well! I love how hands-off this Air Fryer Fried Rice recipe is. Other than stirring it every now and then, you let the air fryer do all of the work!
This Air Fryer Fried Rice recipe is packed full of flavor! I added soy sauce for saltiness, oyster sauce brings a little sweetness and tang, and the sesame oil has a robust nutty flavor that you can taste in every bite. It is delicious!
Pair this fried rice air fryer recipe with one of my many takeout-inspired dishes. I have so many options and they are all really tasty! I’ve included a list below of some of my favorites. You can also just add some shredded chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp to make this a simple and satisfying meal.
Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Fried Rice
- Rice: For this recipe, you will need to use cooled cooked rice. Leftover rice is ideal, however, you can cook rice the night before and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Both white and brown rice are perfect for this recipe.
- Vegetables: Fresh garlic and onion provide a ton of flavor. I also add in frozen mixed vegetables for ease. My mixed vegetables consist of corn, peas, carrots, and green beans but you can find lots of different varieties at the grocery store. Choose your favorite!
- Egg: Fried rice has to have eggs! I scrambled eggs and added them to the rice.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce adds salt and umami. You don’t need to add in any extra salt!
- Oyster Sauce: Oyster sauce gives this Air Fryer Fried Rice a little sweetness and tanginess. It’s so good!
- Sesame Oil: Sesame oil is a nutty-tasting oil that I use in almost all of my Asian-inspired recipes. It adds so much to the rice!
- Butter: Butter keeps the rice from sticking together and also provides flavor. I always add butter to my fried rice recipes.
How to make Air Fryer Fried Rice
Add the ingredients to a pan: Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees. Meanwhile add melted butter, cooked eggs, frozen mixed vegetables, onion, garlic, cooked rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil to an oven safe pan. I used a 8 x 3 cake pan.
Cook: The fried rice in the air fryer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes and cook until the rice and veggies are warmed through.
Serve: The Air Fryer Fried Rice immediately, garnished with green onions if desired! I love serving this with Air Fryer Egg Rolls!
How to store Air Fryer Fried Rice
Store the rice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the fried rice in the microwave or in a pot on the stove until piping hot. You may need to add a little water when reheating if the rice is dry.
Tips for Success
- This is an excellent way of using up leftover rice! You can add some protein and call it a meal, or serve it with another main dish like my 20 Minute Cashew Chicken.
- Switch up the frozen vegetables! Supermarkets have so many different varieties of frozen vegetable mixes, and some are even stir-fry mixes! Other frozen vegetables that would work in this recipe are bell peppers, baby corn, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and yellow squash.
- If you want to cut down on prep time you can also add chopped frozen onion and pre-minced garlic instead of dicing and mincing them yourself. You could also just add in onion powder or garlic powder to make it even easier!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you cook raw rice in an air fryer? Yes, you can! This recipe has great instructions on how to make Air Fryer Rice.
- Can I add anything else to this recipe? Yes! You can throw in some shredded chicken, diced cooked pork or beef, shrimp, and a variety of vegetables like bell peppers, baby corn, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and yellow squash.
What can I serve Air Fryer Fried Rice with?
I have so many great recipes here that are amazing with fried rice! Here are some of my favorites:
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken
- 30 Minute General Tso’s Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- Spicy Szechuan Beef
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Pepper Steak
- 30 Minute Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- Orange Teriyaki Salmon
- Sweet and Sour Salmon
- Kung Pao Shrimp
- 20 Minute Teriyaki Shrimp
- Honey Sriracha Salmon
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Easy Air Fryer Vegetables
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Air Fryer Fried Rice
Loaded with flavor and healthy vegetables, this Air Fryer Fried Rice couldn't be more easier! Simply throw the ingredients in the air fryer and let it do the work for you. It pairs perfectly with stir-fries and any Asian-inspired homemade take-out dish, and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, cooked and scrambled
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, no need to thaw
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked and chilled rice, can use either white or brown rice
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees. Meanwhile add melted butter, cooked eggs, frozen mixed vegetables, onion, garlic, cooked rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil to an oven safe pan. I used a 8 x 3 cake pan.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes making sure to stir after every 5 minutes.
- When the rice and veggies are hot remove from the air fryer and serve immediately with green onions for garnish, if desired.