It doesn’t get much better that this easy air fryer salmon recipe! The salmon is sprinkled with a dry rub than cooked until tender, flakey and moist. All you need is 10 minutes to make this healthy, low calorie and Whole30-friendly meal! (Plus lot’s of tips and tricks for cooking the best salmon of your life below!)
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
It always takes me a while to adapt to new appliances. I don’t want to comment to a large appliance taking up cabinet space if I don’t use it. However I have to say the air fryer has quickly become one of our most used kitchen items. My husband and I use it from everything from reheating frozen premade foods to homemade French fries, chicken, snacks, eggs the list goes on and on!
I absolutely love cooking with my air fryer. It’s fast, efficient, and an excellent way to cook nearly anything to crispy, oil-free perfection.
And cooking salmon in the air fryer is one of my favorite ways to prepare this healthy, nutritious protein. The result is fish filets that are perfectly flakey and tender. And best of all, this easy air fried salmon recipe only requires 8 minutes of cooking time! It’s a quick and delicious way to get dinner on the table fast. Even better, it’s healthy, nutritious, and Whole30-compliant!
This is the perfect way to prepare fish if cooking salmon intimidates you! It’s fool proof and super easy! Simply sprinkle the salmon with seasonings, place in the air fryer and enjoy!
I love making this air fryer salmon for healthy meal prep lunches. I serve alongside steamed or roasted broccoli, rice and lemon wedges then portion and store in the fridge for the week! Easy healthy lunches perfect for on the go.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Salmon
You only need a few ingredients to make this easy air fryer salmon recipe in the comfort of home!
- Salmon filets (wild-caught is preferable)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (avocado oil would also work)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried parsley
How To Cook Salmon In The Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- While it’s preheating, pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel. The less moisture, the better.
- Drizzle the filets with olive oil, and sprinkle with dry seasonings. Rub the seasonings in a bit to make sure they adhere to the fish.
- Generously spray the bottom of the air fryer insert with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon filets in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer using a spatula. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Tips for making Salmon in the Air Fryer
- You can use skinless or skin-on filets for this air fryer salmon recipe. The benefit of leaving the skin on is that it prevents the underside of the salmon that’s touching the air fryer basket from burning. Simply remove the skin before serving.
- Change up the seasonings! You can season the filets however you like with this simple air fryer salmon recipe. Lemon pepper, taco seasoning, or simple salt and pepper would all be delicious!
- Spice it up! Add some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the dry rub for some heat.
- Preheat your air fryer! This may seem like an obvious tip but preheating makes sure cooking times are accurate and the salmon doesn’t get overcooked.
- Allow your salmon to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it. Just like a piece of grilled chicken salmon retains the moisture
The BEST way to tell when salmon is done
I have found the most fool proof way to tell if a piece of salmon is done is by checking the internal temperature. I like to cook my salmon to between 130-135 degrees and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. The salmon will continue to cook as it rests. This is a great way to make sure the salmon doesn’t overcook.
This air fryer salmon recipe is perfect for meal-prepping! Store cooled, leftover air fried salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can pack sides in the same container with the salmon to make for an easy grab-and-go lunch.
What to serve with Air Fryer Salmon
- Roasted broccoli
- Roasted asparagus with garlic breadcrumbs
- Mexican kale salad
- Lemon parmesan brown rice
- Tomato and black bean quinoa salad
- Air fryer veggies
- Japanese cucumber salad
Which Air Fryer is Best?
We have tested out a few air fryer and the most important tip I have is to look into size! A lot of air fryers look big on the outside however the food basket is really small and can only accomidate cooking for two people. This requires a lot of batch cooking if your making French fries or wings in the air fryer so keep that in mind! This is air fryer is great for a larger family. Our current air fryer is similar to this model.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Orange teriyaki salmon
- Instant Pot vegetable soup
- 30-minute creamy mushroom carbonara
- Mexican salmon salad
- Southwest chicken salad
Air Fryer Salmon
It doesn't get much better that this easy air fryer salmon recipe. The salmon is sprinkled with a dry rub then cooked until tender and moist. Perfect for busy weeknights or meal-prep, this salmon recipe is super simple, nutritious, delicious, and Whole30-friendly!
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel.Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and salt.
- Generously spray the bottom of the air fryer insert with nonstick cooking spray.Place the salmon filets in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer using a spatula. Serve immediately and enjoy!