It doesn’t get much better that this easy air fryer salmon recipe. The salmon is sprinkled with a dry rub then cooked until tender and moist. Perfect for busy weeknights or meal-prep, this salmon recipe is super simple, nutritious, delicious, and Whole30-friendly!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I absolutely love cooking with my air fryer. It’s fast, efficient, and an excellent way to cook nearly anything to crispy, oil-free perfection.
And cooking salmon in the air fryer is one of my favorite ways to prepare this healthy, nutritious protein. The result is fish filets that are perfectly flakey and tender. And best of all, this easy air fried salmon recipe only requires 8 minutes of cooking time! It’s a quick and delicious way to get dinner on the table fast. Even better, it’s healthy, nutritious, and Whole30-compliant!
Serve this dish with some steamed or roasted broccoli and fresh lemon wedges. Enjoy!
You only need a few ingredients to make this easy air fryer salmon recipe in the comfort of home!
- Salmon filets (wild-caught is preferable)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (avocado oil would also work)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried parsley
How To Make It
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- While it’s preheating, pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel. The less moisture, the better.
- Drizzle the filets with olive oil, and sprinkle with dry seasonings. Rub the seasonings in a bit to make sure they adhere to the fish.
- Generously spray the bottom of the air fryer insert with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon filets in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer using a spatula. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- You can use skinless or skin-on filets for this air fryer salmon recipe. The benefit of leaving the skin on is that it prevents the underside of the salmon that’s touching the air fryer basket from burning. Simply remove the skin before serving.
- Change up the seasonings! You can season the filets however you like with this simple air fryer salmon recipe. Lemon pepper, taco seasoning, or simple salt and pepper would all be delicious!
- Spice it up! Add some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the dry rub for some heat.
This air fryer salmon recipe is perfect for meal-prepping! Store cooled, leftover air fried salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can pack sides in the same container with the salmon to make for an easy grab-and-go lunch.
- Roasted broccoli
- Roasted asparagus with garlic breadcrumbs
- Mexican kale salad
- Lemon parmesan brown rice
- Tomato and black bean quinoa salad
- Air fryer veggies
- Japanese cucumber salad
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Orange teriyaki salmon
- Instant Pot vegetable soup
- 30-minute creamy mushroom carbonara
- Mexican salmon salad
- Southwest chicken salad
Air Fryer Salmon
It doesn't get much better that this easy air fryer salmon recipe. The salmon is sprinkled with a dry rub then cooked until tender and moist. Perfect for busy weeknights or meal-prep, this salmon recipe is super simple, nutritious, delicious, and Whole30-friendly!
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel.Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and salt.
- Generously spray the bottom of the air fryer insert with nonstick cooking spray.Place the salmon filets in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer using a spatula. Serve immediately and enjoy!