Incredibly Tender Slow Cooker Korean Beef. Chuck roast cooked low and slow for 8 hours in a sweet and spicy Korean style sauce! Serve over rice or noodles!
I love cooking chuck roast in the slow cooker. It always produces super tender fall apart meat. The tender chuck roast gets cooked in an easy Korean inspired sauce.
Both the sauce and cubed chuck roast get added to the slow cooker. The prep time is less than 10 minutes. You can even prep all the ingredients the night before and throw it into the slow cooker in the morning!
How to make Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- Start by mixing up the sauce ingredients: brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, ginger and garlic.
- Add the sauce and cubed chuck roast to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After the Slow Cooker Korean Beef has finished cooking I mix cornstarch and some of the cooking liquid together to thicken it up.
- To serve I garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and a little more Sriracha.
What to serve with this Korean Beef
If you love this recipe try these Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- 2 pounds chuck roast cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha or more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- green onions. if desired
- sesame seeds if desired
Add chuck roast to the slow cooker.
In a medium bowl mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
Pour on top of the chuck roast and stir.
Cover and cook for 8 hours on low. (I would not recommend cooking this on high. I have tried and it was pretty tough after cooking on high for 5 hours).
When the chuck roast is done mix together 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker in a small bowl. (I usually start with 1 tablespoon, if you want it thicker add an additional tablespoon to 1/4 cup cooking liquid)
Pour the mixture back in the slow cooker and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Adapted from Damn Delicious
Originally Published April, 7th 2017