Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken. Slow cooked chicken and broccoli cooked in a sweet and tangy Mongolian inspired sauce.
If you are a fan of my Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken then you will love this recipe! It takes less than 10 minutes of prep time to throw everything together. Simply mix up all of the sauce ingredients and add to the slow cooker along with chicken thighs and broccoli.
I made this recipe in my favorite crockpot. It’s perfect for meals that take a few hours in the slow cooker. After it’s done cooking it switches to warm and stays hot until you are ready to eat.
The chicken turns out incredibly juicy and tender by cooking it on low for 2-3 hours.
I made lots of sauce to go over the chicken with extra to serve over rice. It is sweet from the hoisin and tangy from the soy sauce. It’s also loaded with tons of garlic and fresh ginger. I also add in sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha (depending on how spicy your would like it)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic and Sriracha.
- Pour the sauce mixture ontop of the chicken and cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place on a plate or cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for a couple of minutes and then shred with two forks or slice it up with a knife.
- Transfer the liquid from the slow cooker to a small saucepan.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce.
- Cook on high until bubbly and thickened, whisking constantly. Pour the sauce back in the slow cooker along with the shredded chicken and broccoli, toss to coat. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.