This Air Fryer Crab Rangoon recipe features a crispy wonton wrapper and a savory, delicious crab filling for the absolute perfect appetizer or side dish! Plus, whipping these up in the air fryer couldn’t be any easier. Dip them in sweet and sour sauce or my favorite Thai chili sauce!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The BEST Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
One of my most favorite parts of going to any Asian restaurant is ordering crab rangoon. It is so crunchy on the outside with an absolutely delicious savory crab filling! Dipped in all the different sauces, I literally can’t get enough. My Air Fryer Crab Rangoon recipe is luckily a little bit healthier without all the added fat of deep frying. Plus, you can have this take-out inspired appetizer right in your own home in less than 20 minutes!
Air fryer crab Rangoons use mostly ingredients that you will already have in your pantry. The two ingredients that are unique are the lump crab meat and the wonton wrappers, which can both be easily found at your local grocery store! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese: A combination of cream cheese and lump crab meat make up the base of the filling here. I recommend letting the cream cheese come to room temperature before using it.
- Lump Crab Meat: You can use lump crab meat that is found in the refrigerated meat section of the grocery store, or you can also find canned lump crab meat! If you prefer, you can try using imitation crab meat which is generally cheaper.
- Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil and Worcestershire Sauce: A combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, and Worcestershire sauce season to create a deep umami flavor and add moisture to the filling.
- Garlic & Onion Powder: Garlic powder and onion powder are used to season the filling.
- Sugar: Traditional crab rangoon recipes have a bit of sugar for a hint of sweetness.
- Green Onion: Adds flavor and a pop of color!
- Wonton Wrappers: Pre-made wonton wrappers are the easiest to use here and can be found at your local grocery store.
How to Make Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Make the Filling: Combine cream cheese, crab meat, soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, green onion, sugar and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Scoop Filling into Wrappers: Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese filling on top of each wonton wrapper. Dip your fingers in water and run the water along all four edges of the wrapper.
- Fold: Fold up two sides of the wrapper, then the remaining two sides to make little pockets. Make sure to press the seams to make sure they are completely sealed.
- Repeat: Repeat with the remaining wontons or until you are out of filling.
- Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Spray the metal insert with nonstick spray and layer in the crab Rangoons. I had to do mine in batches. Spray the crab Rangoons with non stick cooking spray to help them brown in the air fryer. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve & Enjoy: Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce! We love using Thai sweet chili sauce!
Tips for Success
- Don’t overfill the air fryer! Make sure that each Rangoon has some room in the air fryer to really crisp up. That is why it is best to cook these in batches. If you over fill the air fryer basket, the crab Rangoons might come out soft instead of crispy.
- Love spicy flavors? You can add some crushed red pepper flakes or sriracha to the filling for a little spice!
- Try not to overfill the wonton wrappers. If you overfill them, it will be more difficult to fold them up properly. Make sure there is a large border around the filling to be able to fold them up!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use an oven instead of an air fryer?
You can definitely use the oven to make your crab Rangoons if you don’t have an air fryer. Bake them at 375 F for about 15-18 minutes! They won’t come out quite as crispy, but they will still be delicious.
How do I keep Leftover CraB Rangoon Crispy?
In order to get crispy leftovers, make sure to reheat these in the air fryer or oven until heated through!
What to Serve with Crab Rangoons
- Beef Fried Rice
- Honey Chicken Stir Fry
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Pad Thai
- Beef Rice Recipe
- Mongolian Beef
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
- Crockpot General Tso’s Chicken
- Fried Rice
- Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Japanese Cucumber Salad
- Chicken Lo Mein
Storage & Freezing Instructions
- To Store: Store any leftover air fryer crab Rangoon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for best results.
- To Freeze: Freeze the crab Rangoons in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the air fryer until heated through. You can also freeze the assembled Rangoons before they are air fried and have them ready when you need them!
More Appetizer Recipes to Try
- Crab Cakes with Lemon Aioli
- Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Asian Style Chicken Meatballs
- Crab Toast
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Combine cream cheese, crab meat, soy sauce, sesame oil, worceseshire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, green onion, sugar and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese filling on top of each wonton wrapper. Dip your fingers in the water and run the water along all four edges of the wrapper.
- Fold up the two sides of the wrapper than the remaining two sides to make little pockets. Make sure to press the seams to make sure they are completely sealed.
- Repeat with the remaining wontons or until you run out of filling.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees. Spray the metal insert with nonstick cooking spray.Layer in the crab Rangoons. I had to do mine in batches. Spray the crab Rangoons with non stick cooking spray. This helps them to brown.Cook for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce! We love using sweet Thai chili sauce!