Super Easy Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Marinated grilled chicken tossed in an amazing Hoisin sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or for dinner!
Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps are my go to easy meal. All of the ingredients can be prepped the night before and takes only 15 minutes to throw together. I marinate the chicken overnight then when I am ready to eat I grill it until it’s nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This chicken has so much flavor!
The sauce is made up of hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger. It’s not too spicy and has the perfect amount of sweetness and tang.
How to Make Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Mix up the sauce ingredients and marinate the chicken in half of the sauce for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to eat preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Grill chicken until fully cooked, about 4-6 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your chicken)
- Heat the remaining sauce in a medium saucepan to warm up.
- Cube up the grilled chicken and toss in the remaining sauce.
- Serve immediately over bib lettuce with sesame seeds. That’s it!
Tips for making Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Always allow the chicken to rest before slicing into it. This helps keep the chicken moist and tender.
- Double the sauce! That way you have extra for dipping or drizzling over the lettuce wraps.
- Don’t stop at just sesame seeds! Add crushed peanuts or sliced carrots or cucumber on top!
More Healthy Recipes to try:
- Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
- Greek Kale Quinoa Salad
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 head of bib or boston lettuce
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
*Prep time does not include marinating time*
In a small bowl mix together the sauce ingredients.
Pour half of the sauce into a large ziplock bag. Reserve the rest of the sauce.
Add the chicken breasts to the ziplock bag and shake to coat.
Marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
When you are ready to eat preheat your grill to 400 degrees and grease with non stick cooking spray. Remove chicken from the marinade and grill until fully cooked, about 4-6 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your chicken)
Remove the chicken from the grill and let it cool for a couple of minutes before slicing into it.
Meanwhile heat the remaining sauce in a medium saucepan to warm up.
Cube up the grilled chicken and toss in the remaining sauce.
Serve immediately over bib lettuce with sesame seeds, if desired.