Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are so easy to make, and healthy too! Ground chicken is tossed in an Asian-style sauce and served on bib lettuce. Ready in just 30 minutes, this flavor-bursting recipe is perfect as an appetizer or a healthy dinner! Make a double batch and have the rest for lunch this week – it is perfect for a homemade lunch on the go!
I love lettuce wraps because they’re so easy to make and really light and healthy as well! If you love lettuce wraps as well, be sure to check out my Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps which really amp up that amazing hoisin flavor, and also my Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps are filling and delicious!
When we’re eating out and need something quick, tasty, and super affordable PF Changs is one of our favorite choices! I feel like they use pretty natural ingredients and it’s not overly processed. However, I love to try and create my own versions of restaurant dishes, so I had to give this lettuce wraps recipe a go.
These PF Chang Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a perfect low-carb healthy dinner option! Lettuce wraps are one of my favorite healthy meals because they are super easy to whip up and make the perfect light dinner, and I always make a double batch to have for lunches either in lettuce wraps or on salads throughout the week. Easy meal prep? It sure is!
These Chicken Lettuce Wraps taste just like PF Chang’s famous recipe. I use ground chicken, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger. The flavor is absolutely AMAZING, just like the original, and I only used a few ingredients that I already had on hand!
Best of all this recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, which is super quick for such a flavorful dish! Quick and easy dinner recipes are a must in our house, especially during the week when we’re very busy! If I can make a whole meal (plus leftovers) in 30 minutes, we’re onto a winner in my books!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
- Chicken: I used ground chicken as it’s light and healthy, and had a neutral flavor. Ground turkey or pork would also work well!
- Garlic and Ginger: These two key herbs pack so much flavor into this copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe! Garlic adds aroma while ginger adds aroma plus a slight kick of heat!
- Sesame Oil: I love adding sesame oil to Asian dishes! It has so much nutty flavor and tastes amazing! Remember a little of this stuff goes a long way!
- Hoisin Sauce: Is a thick savory sauce that can be found in the international or Asian section of your grocery store. If you don’t have any hoisin sauce you can make your own at home.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: Can be found in the International or Asian section in the grocery store. I don’t like to substitute other vinegars in place of this one. I find that rice wine vinegar works the best. However, it sometimes contains grains other than rice so if you are gluten-free you can substitute apple cider vinegar.
- Sriracha: Is used for a little kick. You can omit if you don’t care for too much spice. I typically double the amount or add to taste.
- Lettuce: I prefer Bibb lettuce as it holds together well and is easy to pick up. See below for some more lettuce suggestions!
How to make chicken lettuce wraps like pf chang’s
Cook the chicken. Firstly, start by heating oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
Whip up the sauce. Secondly, while the chicken is cooking combine sesame oil, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sriracha in a small bowl, set aside.
Add herbs. Next, add the garlic and ginger to the skillet with the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Stir it all together. After that, stir in the sauce and simmer until thickened 2-3 minutes.
Serve! Finally, to serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Which lettuce is best for wraps?
In this recipe, I like to use bib lettuce. It holds together well and is easy to pick up and eat. Here are some other options:
- Butter lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce
- Kale (stems removed)
How many carbs are in this PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe?
This recipe serves 4 people and has a total of 8g net carbs per person. It’s perfect for low-carb and even keto dieters!
Love this recipe? Here are more appetizer recipes to make!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Easy 7 Layer Dip
- Homemade Pretzel Bites
- Baked BLT Dip
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs
PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Copycat PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Ground chicken tossed in an asian style sauce and served on bib lettuce. Perfect as an appetizer or a healthy dinner!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- 1 head bib or butter lettuce
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- While the chicken is cooking combine sesame oil, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar and sriracha in a small bowl, set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet with the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and simmer until thickened 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Damn Delicious
Originally Published Jan 12, 2018