This Super Easy Baked BLT Dip is a creamy dip made with sour cream, mayonnaise and cream cheese, all topped off with lettuce, tomato and bacon for that classic BLT flavor! Dip you favorite chips or a piece of crusty bread into this dip for appetizer heaven!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Baked BLT Dip
This dip is everything you love about a BLT but in dip form! It is super addicting and is always a crowd favorite. It’s perfectly creamy and cheesy with a nice crunch from the bacon. The dip is baked until golden brown and bubbly and is served with diced tomatoes and shredded romaine lettuce on top. I love to serve this dip as an appetizer for parties. It also makes an awesome snack for game day!
Classic BLT Dip is made with just a few ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bacon: Crispy bits of bacon are really the star of the show here. It brings a nice texture and flavor to this dip!
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is part of the cheesy, creamy layer of this dip. You can use low-fat mayonnaise if you prefer!
- Sour cream: Sour cream adds a bit of tang and extra creaminess.
- Cream cheese: Use blocked cream cheese as opposed to whipped cream cheese. The cream cheese in this recipe is what makes it dip and is mixed with a few other cheesy, creamy ingredients for maximum flavor.
- Cheddar cheese: Shredded cheese is added to the sour cream, cream cheese and mayo mixture to ensure you get some cheese in every bite!
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, Onion powder, Pepper and Italian seasoning
- Tomato & Lettuce: Top this dip off with some tomato and shredded lettuce for a bright, fresh addition. You can just any type of lettuce you like! The lettuce and tomato are key in making this a classic BLT dip.
How to make Baked BLT Dip
This BLT Dip recipe is prepared in just a few short steps. Here are the simple instructions:
- Preheat & Crisp the Bacon: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon in a single layer and cook for 30 minutes or until crispy. Take out of the oven and allow to cool. Once cool crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Make the Dip: Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings. Next, spread it into an 8 x 8 pan greased with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Assemble for Serving: Top with tomatoes, lettuce and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately with sliced baguette, chips or veggies and enjoy! This dip is best served warm.
Tips for the Best Baked BLT Dip
- Top it off with more veg! Feel free to add even more veggies like red onions or green onions along with corn or spinach!
- Like it spicy? For a little heat, add a dash of your favorite hot sauce to the cream cheese mixture before baking. Or, you can add a dash of paprika and cayenne pepper!
- I love a classic cheddar cheese in this dip, but you can feel free to use your favorite cheese. White cheddar, gouda or Gruyere would go great in this dip!
- To save on calories, try replacing the bacon with turkey bacon!
- Make sure you cream cheese is room temperature before using it in this dip! If it is cold, it will not mix cohesively with the rest of the ingredients.
What to Eat With BLT Dip
You can serve this just as you would a normal BLT sandwich, on some crusty, toasted bread! Some other options include:
- Veggies: Chop up some cucumbers, carrots, and snap peas and you have the perfect healthy snack!
- Crackers: From Ritz crackers to fancy table crackers, truly any kind of cracker will go great with this dip.
- Fritos or Tortilla Chips: The scoop Fritos or scoop tortilla chips are ideal to get a large amount of dip in each bite!
- Pita or Bagel Chips: The crunch and saltiness of a pita or bagel chip would pair perfectly with this rich, creamy dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is BLT?
BLT is the acronym for Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato. It refers to a classic sandwich that has crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato along with a thin layer of mayonnaise on toasted bread. Since this sandwich is so iconically delicious, I had to make it into a delicious dip!
Can this dip be make ahead of time?
This BLT Dip is perfect to make ahead of time! You can combine all of the ingredients together ahead of time and keep it in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to eat, place it in the oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown. I like to add the bacon, lettuce and tomato right before serving so everything stays nice and crisp!
Slow cooker instructions
Absolutely! Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the bacon, lettuce and tomato. Then, when you are ready to serve top it with the BLT Fixings and enjoy!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Try!
- Honey Barbecue Chicken Bites
- Easy Pretzel Bites
- Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Toasted Ravioli
- Authentic Pico de Gallo
Baked BLT Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon in a single layer and cook for 30 minutes or until crispy. Take out of the oven and allow to cool. Once cool crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings.
- Spread into an 8 x 8 pan greased with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through.
- Top with tomatoes, lettuce and crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately with sliced baguette for serving